Sunday 8 June 2014

And the gifts keep coming! Christmas in June?!

What a great weekend I have had! Fab day out with friends yesterday spent £28 in total for a full day out including wine and dinner! Then we went back to my friends house and she gave me some presents - amazing!

I said I would post about them all. And I have. It was like Christmas, well Mr Mars and I cancelled Christmas with everyone to save for our wedding, so it was BETTER than Christmas!

Here they are, all together. Lots of makeup, toiletries, a candle and a AMAZING picture!!! All for meeeeee! Am I relishing this? Well, yes! What a great friend I have - she is always very very generous. I am lucky to have her!


Got a Arran Aromatics gift box - After the rain. If you want to buy a reasonably priced Scottish gift for someone I highly recommend this stuff, made in Scotland, it is just LUSH and it smells amazing! I already have Arran Aromatics moisturisers (both face and body) and candles and Mr Mars loves our Vevet Isle pillar candle (also a gift)...although he pretends he does not!

Lots of Beauty UK blushers - I love things that you will always use like blushers. Lots of eyebrow things, a palette (which I already use) and eyebrow pencils! I have so much Beauty UK nail varnishes as well. Back in the "crazy debt days" I used to buy Nars (I love Nars) and Chanel nail varnishes, but then a friend gifted me some Beauty UK nail varnishes and they are BRILLIANT and about 1% of the cost of a Chanel nail varnish. The blushes are great too! I dropped and smashed my last blusher, I still have it, I am waiting until I have a tub I can put it in. Then I'll use it as a powder. Waste not want not!

Here is some more detail on my Arran Aromatics gift box:


Smells sooooooooooo good.

My candle, which I am not just saying because it was a gift, it one of my favourite smelling candles. I like candles that smell rich and luxurious, and not too flowery, kind of outdoorsy, it is just perfect:


My Beauty UK blusher and bronzer, and you can see my flowery pj bottoms in the mirrors :) I cannot wait to try the baked blusher at the right! But they are all getting put away good until I am finished with some of my other makeup! I no longer waste things you see. Before I would have had every item ripped open and used regardless is that meant opening 5 blushers with another 7 opened in my makeup box!


And lastly, I LOVE Highland Cows! I LOVE them. I always have. I have a teddy of a Highland Cow called Heather who comes places with me. I'd really been wanting a Highland Cow picture and my friend got me this by the Artist Elaine Johnston. She warned me that I better put it into a good photo frame! I was warned!! I just absolutely love this - I cannot say it any other way.

 Especially if we move abroad, I need my Highland cows with me.



Mr Mars and I went to Wholefoods today. There is a Morrisons next door so we topped up on our treats (cheese, beer and burgers) and then headed to Morrisons for an overdue HUGE (and expensive) shop. He is now cooking away in the kitchen whilst I eat my fancy cheese and crackers...how every Sunday should be spent! I gave the Big Issue seller £2.50 and did not take the magazine, as I think I already have it. No matter how bad things have got, I've always had a home. Help the homeless, people.

I have sourced and detailed almost everything I got gifted for those interested. I like to look at stuff others got, I don't know why...I thought you might too.











Elaine Johnston picture: http://www.johnstonartist.co.uk

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment